Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Greene Manufacturing

Upon arriving only slightly late to Manufactuing class today I was greeted by "Dell the Fire Marshall" telling our class that there had been a huge explosion on the premisis. He explained that an acetalyne tank had been left open and explosive fumes had gathered near on of the gas powered heating elements. The pilot light had lit the gas and the entire place went up in flames.

Frankly i was shocked. I live all of 2 blocks from campus. You think i would have heard something.

Continuing he then told us of some discarded magnesium shavings in the shop that had created additional explosions. He said that arson couldnt be ruled out, but it wasnt a very likely possibility.

At this point i was about to raise my hand and ask exactly which building had gone up in apocalyptic doom. Luckily i held my tongue.

Finally Marshall Dell informed us that the two night guards that were at the scene were currently recovering at the Mercy Hospital.

Last I knew USU didnt have night guards wandering the halls...

Then our instructor came up and told us to split into our groups, we had an assignment to come up with a plan to find materials for our FAKE PROJECTS that we've been working on for a few weeks... So the whole explosion thing was a farce and i fell for it. D'uh! I guess it's sweet justice for being late.

And here i was all excited to look for the crater.

2 comments:

  1. See how interesting lies can be? : D

    Also, I think your picture at the top is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I had fun drawing comics in gimp. It's no work of art, but it will do until i put on the little blue tights and cape myself.

    haha! another LIE!
    I dont even own blue tights!

    ReplyDelete